Superville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Superville, a small city made up of extra ordinary individuals who wreak havoc and save the day.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm
Latest topics
» The spam board
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 am by Kildred

» Front Room
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 am by Birdy

» Walk Path
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:07 pm by Steven

» Alfred Pennyworth's Official Fanclub
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 am by Merci

» Aiden Greene/PARIAH
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:06 am by Greene

» Registration
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 am by Marisol Gallagher

» The dreaded counselors office.
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 am by Cassie Peyton

» Eric Hargrave / Derecho
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:48 pm by Steven

» Cassandra "Cassie" Peyton
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:14 am by Cassie Peyton

» George McNamara/Ferrum
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 am by Merci

Top posters
Marisol Gallagher
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_lcapGail Nightingale /Phoenix I_voting_barGail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_rcap 
booklover
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_lcapGail Nightingale /Phoenix I_voting_barGail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_rcap 
Lisa Prince
Merci
Adrian
Steven
Maxine Blackman
d'arc
leon
gay
Poll
DC or Marvel?
DC
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_lcap64%Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Marvel
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_lcap36%Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11
Registration
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 pm by Lisa Prince
The Major's Office likes to keep tabs on the Supers of Superville.

Post here to declare whether you are a Villain or a Hero.

Comments: 47
The Super Rankings
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:21 pm by Lisa Prince
Here in Superville, we have Rankings, to celebrate those who are truly Super. These are what the Ranks mean:

Civilain - 0 Star: Just your average normal human being.
0-149 Posts

Sidekick - 1 Stars: These are the helpers of Supers, not even really even considered a proper Super yet.
150-499 Posts

D - List Super - 2 Stars: These are the truly incompetent Supers. They either have useless powers, or they're just plain stupid. These are usually (but not always) humorous characters.

Comments: 1
On Battling/Fighting
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 pm by Lisa Prince
How to Battle:
For this forum, to ensure a fair battle we shall be using dices!

1. You have to press the reply button, not just the quick reply.

2. After you write your tid-bit, look below for the Dices.

3. Click the down button to pick which "Attack!" you'd like (Punch, Kick, Powers)

4. The number on the right is the number of roles you can make with that dice. (The max is 2. If a player does more than two then it will be disreguarded)

5. If you click the little plus …

Comments: 0
General Rules
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 pm by Lisa Prince
Rules:

1. All general forum rules apply here

2. CYBER SEX is prohibited. If you must include romance of some sort, a kiss with no explicit details is allowed.

3. You are allowed to have more than one character, however... they must be Heroes if you are a Hero, Villains if you are a Villain. That means you can't play both sides. However, you can be a civilian. EDIT: You can have a Villain character if you are a Hero and vise versa, however, they must be MINOR characters. ((But please …

Comments: 0
Affiliates
free forum
Photobucket

Gail Nightingale /Phoenix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Birdy
Civilian
Civilian
Birdy

Super Profile
Alias: Pheonix
Life Force:
Gail Nightingale /Phoenix Left_bar_bleue30/30Gail Nightingale /Phoenix Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Powers: Immune to Heat, can create fire, tears have healing powers

Gail Nightingale /Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Gail Nightingale /Phoenix   Gail Nightingale /Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Name/Alterego: Gail Nightingale )

Work Place: The Kitchen in Wonder Cafe

Personality: Very Caring and nice to everyone,, Is very protective over those she considers a friend or loved one. If someone hurts someone close to her watch out, the nice part of her might not interfere it she want revenge on someone.

Although she is nice to everyone it takes time for her to truly trust someone.

Supername : Phoenix

Powers:
Fire Manipulation: Can Control and create fire, also immune to various forms of heat.

Healing: Her tears have healing powers, though she isn't awear of the power yet.

( Third power you ask? It is a secret Wink for now )

Weaknesses:

Cold especially cold water, if in it she will get very ill and her powers will weaken, Very rare to have her drink anything cold either. Looses most of her poweres when she is sick.

Her tears can only heal others to a certain degree, she must cry a lot to heal serious injuries.

Superhero or Supervillain: Superhero

Archrival: Excessum

Appearance:: Has long straight black hair, dark green eyes, and stands at a height of 5, 9

History/Backstory (How you get your powers in story from):

Baby Gail was given the foster care when she was just over a year old, by her parents Alice and Leighton Nightingale for her own protection since her family had been targets of the mafia. When she first arrived in the Foster Care program she had a rough transition. Missing the familiar face’s she had come to know as her parents, would often cry for hours and hours on end calling for her “ma and da” alas they never came, and eventually the little girl forgot the faces and her “ma and da” all together.

Gail’s Uncle, Eric Hargrave tried to adopt her, however he was denied because of his unstable life style, he however was granted visitation rights, provided he didn’t interfere with future adoption processes.

Little Gail was always happy to see her Uncle, he kept her entertained quite easily with games of peek boo and his silly behavior.

When Gail was 2 she went to her foster family, nice people but rarely did they ever adopt, they took care of the toddler but were careful not to let her become too attached, which may had been a blessing and a curse to the little girl. When she was almost 3 she was sent to another family these ones interested in adopting, she didn’t fuss to much at being sent away, mostly because her prospective new parents talked and interacted with her on a normal basis.
Things looked almost final when the middle age couple decided to adopt the raven haired girl, who they were going to rename Kiara. However on the day of the adoption, Gail gave them quite a shock when she was sitting there living room playing with a small ball of fire. Regrettable the couple changed their minds about the adoption, being unsure if they could hand a young child with the ability to create and control fire.

With no further families currently able to house 3 year old Gail she was sent back the Foster Care office and was placed in the care center for children in-between homes. However 3 year old Gail had not understood what the problem had been and took the rejection quite badly.. so badly she would not sleep or eat.. only cry, feeling terribly lonely.

After continuing to refuse to cooperate with the care givers at the center Gails Uncle Eric shows up, demanding to see her. Though the Care Givers at the Center protest Gail pushes passed them and make a Bee line for the only friendly face she remembers. Little Gail clung to her uncle for dear life and wouldn’t let go no matter how many times the Care givers protested she go back to her room.

After at least an hour Gail finally calmed down in her Uncles presence, the Care Giver Supervisor there then allowed Eric to bring little Gail home with him for a day or two homing it would lift the child’s spirits up. And sure enough the little girl came back giggling and looked well rested. Though a bit reluctant to let her uncle go when it was time for him to leave. She only relented when he promised her he would come back and see her on his scheduled Visit. A couple months later a new foster family was finally lined up for Gail and she was moved once again. This time to a wealthy family, looking for an Heir to their estate, they were unable to have children themselves anymore, and neither wished to take care of an infant. Though Gail would argue they didn’t want to care for a child at all, no matter the age. She was ignored the most part, apart from the cook and the staff making sure she was clean and fed. Upon her fourth birthday it was decided she would be adopted. The social worker in charge of her case was happy she was in with a rich stable family, but Gail would have none of it, and the 4 year old told the couple she didn’t want them to be her mommy and Daddy, plus if she was adopted by them, she wouldn’t be able to see her uncle Eric anymore, or at least that was what she feared.

Colleen the women almost reprimanded her for being ungrateful, but her husband Martin, a quiet man by nature backed out of the adoption claiming he was too old to handle a toddler…

The couple ended up taking a 10 year old boy instead.. and Gail was once again at the care center awaiting a new home and parents.

Nearing the end of the year Gail was enrolled in Pre-school, after being sponsored by an unknown source, For the while Gail enjoyed preschool and living at the Care Center, she knew at the Care Center there was no worry about being adopted or not. It was stable, or as stable as the little girl ever felt. She enjoyed her time with her Uncle immensely as par there time together, playing games and she loved showing him paintings and crafts she made in school, the only thing she didn’t like was when someone tried to take the scarf she had always had since before she could remember. And she told him as much.

Eventually she went to another family; this one because of her unstable history for adoption Gail was very wary of them and mostly kept to herself around them. To her she would never fit in with another family she didn’t want to be adopted anymore, she had her Uncle Eric she didn’t need any Mom or Dad. Her avoidance of the family worked, they found her to withdrawn, and unwilling to make herself apart of the family. People at the care centre would advise her to open up to the families she went to, but she refused each time.

Then as the years passed Gail grew rapidly as well as her powers with fire and heat, problems started for her in school when she would practice it, trying to remain hidden she was successful most of the time. However one day when she was 7 year old she was caught by a teacher and another student, thinking her has been playing with matches , she was taken to the principal’s office and suspended. She went to the care center quite upset afraid she would be in trouble, or her uncle would be mad she had been caught. She promised to be more careful from then on and no longer practice at school. However she soon noticed the less she practiced the harder it was to control her powers, she would over heat a lot and at time even feel feverish, then sometimes spurts of flame would appear even though she didn’t want it to. She ended up getting in trouble yet again for playing fire and this time accidently placing a picture in the hall way on fire. She was angry cause she had not meant to do it, they didn’t understand as all. She was afraid she was going to be expelled from school when a lady showed up claiming to be a social worker in charge of her academic progress. After reassuring her the she would not be expelled Gail was asked to leave the office so she and the Principal could talk in private..

Gail not liking her fate at school being decided by a lady she didn’t know and a teacher she hardly trusted she pulled a chair up to the principals door and peaked through the window, as curious as a kitten one might say. What she saw had her in awe, the woman who came to her defense had the same powers she did. She was so shocked by this discovery she fell off the chair she had been standing on to see..

She bombarded the Social worker with questions about how to control her powers more regularly and if she would be given an area to practice in without being in trouble. She was quite excited about this new found information and very thankful to the lady who gave her a chance. She happily practiced her talent while her teachers turned a blind eye.

Things became alright for Gail for a year or two, she still refused any potential adoptive parents and simply living at the care home, while enjoying her Uncles Visits…However things changed when the foster care company that was in charge of her case changed ownership to a company and all new staff was hired, one of them Gail did not get along with at all. Her Name was Ms.Corwin, she had a wicked temper and a even stranger heart, at first she wasn’t sure why the lady didn’t like her she had done anything to her. But then one day she discovered it, Ms. Corwin was a Super like her, only control of the power of water, and she used it in un kind ways.. This was her first encounter with a villain, and was a whopper she was. The woman would have nightly dealing with someone at night, she wasn’t sure what they were about… but she was nervous and had a bad feeling about it. One night she was sleeping in her bed at the care centre when she was pulled from her bed by a seemingly invisible force as she couldn’t see what was moving her.

Feeling panicky Gail sprouted bolts of fire as soon as she was outside trying to fight. Only to be doused with cold water by a figure in shadow, though couldn’t see she was sure it was Ms. Corwin. The more she fought the more the more water was splashed on her, after a while she started not to feel so well. After a while to weak to move much less fight she was taken to a building which she only saw flashes of once she started fading in and out of consciousness. She heard murmurs hearing things like “The Nightingales didn’t they die? Are you sure this is her?”

She tried in vain to ask what they wanted from her, only to be ignored or have more water splashed on her. After some talk apparently they figured out who she really was, whatever that meant.. then she really started to panic when one of them put a gun to her head. Despite being weakened by the water and cold on her she managed to form a fire ball and fire it at her captors, she tried to run though ended up stumbling in the process. Then everything happened in a flash, wind and fire that wasn’t hers entered the complex, it was angry powers and strong as the powers complemented each other. Ms. Corwin was in able to stand up to both and she fell. Weather she was killed or simply knocked out Gail never new. After that the last thing she remembered was being picked up by a pair of strong arms and a comforting whisper in her ear, “Hang in there little one, everything will be fine” and that was all she knew. She could have sworn she remembered flashes of her Uncles place and someone being worried about her. But then again they might have been a dream, she woke up next back at her Care Centre, being told she had been unwell with a high fever for a few days and was now just recovering. She knew they were lying, but let it slip for then still feeling sleepy, but she promised herself that once she felt one hundred present better she would find her uncle and ask what had happened. And just like that, after school Gail didn’t go back to the care centre but rather towards where she thought her uncle lived.. she has been there before but it seemed harder then she thought and to her cringe she realized she was lost.
But by her good luck a woman asked her if she needed help as she seemed rather lost, she told her she was looking for her uncle, but wasn’t sure anymore where he lived. She was taken back to the care centre where she was lectured for running away. Not even a day later her Uncle showed up and she was able to ask him what really happened.

He told her he and his friends Alexis and Levi came to her rescue from the “Not very nice people” she often heard them described as. She was relieved to now Ms. Corwin would no longer be bothering her, though she couldn’t help but be curious if the woman was dead or alive. But she kept the question to herself. She felt bad she caused her uncle and his friends trouble with the fever she had gotten after the incident, but she was amused to hear he gave the people at the care center hell, when she was still sick with fever. She was happy she got to be with her uncle when she was unwell, he and his friends did something right, she felt back to normal. She of course had to say thank you to Alexis and Levi for helping her uncle and her out, she would have hated to think what would she had done if it had been a difficult rescue for them.

Then life seemed to go back to normal, the people at the care centre were alright, after Ms. Corwin was dealt with, though she preferred the company of her uncle by a long shot.. As further thank you for helping her, Gail made a pin for her Uncle Eric, she did her best on it, even going so far to using a glue gun to put neat looking stones and glitter on it, when she was done, she smiles at the words proudly “The World’s Greatest Uncle”, she was jumping for joy when he got it was greatly shocked and happy to get it. That made all the work very much worth every moment of it.

Time moved rather fast after that, Gail grew more and more, until she was no longer a “little girl” anymore and more along the lines of a young lady, she started high school, and even got a job at a small diner as a dishwasher and assistant prep-cook, life would have been perfect, if it weren’t for a certain creep at the care centre. For some reason he bothered her, always staring at her or for lack of any better word lurking around her. She put up with the “weirdo” for quite a while; since in her mind he wasn’t doing any harm… she simply ignored the guy. She however regretted never saying anything, as he suddenly appeared in her room one day, and attempted come on to her, this made her quite angry the moment he touched her.. She gave him a nasty burn causing him to run. She immediately gathered her stuff intent on leaving the care centre forever.. No matter got much they fussed she wouldn’t come back… not with creeps like that lurking around. Having nowhere else to go however she has no choice but to go to her uncle Eric’s place, intending on it only being a temporary thing.. she loved her uncle to pieces, so she didn’t want to be a downer on his life style. She never told her uncle why she left the care centre, thinking he might have made a big deal out of it.. Simply telling him she felt she had out grown the care centre.. Which in many ways was true, by many terms she was too old to be adopted and she already had a job. Even though she knew it was a lame excuse, she didn’t want to tell him what really happened no matter how much he begged and pleaded.

She rather like living with her uncle on a more stable basis, she ate better, did better in school and was generally happier than she ever been. She found her uncle amusing to live with, there were times she’d be getting ready for school or work and he would be half asleep trying to cook her breakfast. She would laugh grab a piece of toast thank him for his effort and the tell him to go back to sleep. She would try her best to pull her weight around the place, cooking dinner, occasionally leaving money around for her uncle to find, since she got the feeling he wouldn’t take any from her directly.

She practiced her fire Manipulation on a regular basis, until she was quite good at it, perhaps even considered rather powerful, gone were the days that she would accidently cause sprouts if fire… she got her first test in this when she went to work one day to find the diner a blaze of a smoking inferno.. she was fine with watching and sometimes playing with the flames when she heard a kid and a mother were still in side, Biting her lip, she ran into her burning workplace, she found the two trapped in the public bathroom, the mother was fairly burnt, so she picked the child up who was 2 perhaps 3 at most and helped the woman stand, she used her powers to make a clear path for them out of the diner. When she got out with the survivors she was surprised to see reporters and camera flashes asking her if she knew the people she rescued and what possessed her to go into the death trap… she had been speechless with the attention... She really didn’t know what to tell them.

The next day her photo was in the newspaper and the story of how she saved the mother and child, she personally though it was blown out of proportion, but she took it in stride, from then on though she often joked saying now she knew why Supers wore masks. Eventually the excitement died down and Gail felt normal again. Once she graduated High school she was offered a job to work in the kitchen owned by the mother she save the day in the Diner, so she was hired full time as a cook, it was hard and busy but she learned things fast and apparently she was good at it. She wasn’t sure if her Uncle was disappointed she didn’t go to college or the fact she finally moved out to live in her own space. But she had a good job and possibly a great Career, so she saw no point in more school at that moment. She steadily claimed the promotional latter of the restaurant rather quickly, until she was a kitchen manager. The owner of the place then said she would be retiring and selling to place to another owner. Gail wasted no time having the feeling the new owners would want their own staff and not a young girl in their eyes running the kitchen, she sought another job.

Eventually she found the wonder café and was able to take over the restaurant as the manager and chef. She hired a young cook named Rhodri, after a rather interesting interview she happily hired him knowing they would get along famously. She and Rhodri became very good friends, or even something more…

((More to came as more plots unfold Wink ))
Back to top Go down

Gail Nightingale /Phoenix
Page 1 of 1